Thursday, June 4, 2009

Cleveland, Briefly

I should be sleeping. Drove home from Cleveland
today. About an 8 hour drive. But I can't sleep.
I can still feel the wheels spinning beneath my
feet.

Got into Cleveland around 11:30 pm last night.
First thing I saw when I got off I-71 was Progressive
Field--Home of the Indians. ANd I felt sad and strange
and at home. I was thinking about how we used
to go to balllgames years ago, when my oldest two
were younger.

It was so quiet and deserted at 11:30 on a Tuesday night,
but I would venture to say it's not like that when the
Indians or Browns or Cavs are playing.

My eyes are pouring from allergies. They have been for
two days. I want to write more and I think why.

Lauren, Wes, & Jon leave for Costa Rica tomorrow. I am
struggling with this but must be happy for them. I want
my children to travel and see this world. I don't want
them to be like me--afraid to do much.

Must talk about the elevator next time I write.

No comments: