Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On Naivete

My naivete is large. So large sometimes I feel
I must be stupid. How can one person have such
faith in other people? This coming from me, the
cynic.

It's 10:30 and I'm just now eating my cordon bleu.

I have not been able to get beyond my simplicity
enough to eat until now. Now that I know some
parts of our personalities are so fixed.

I didn't realize until today how much faith I still
had in others. How much trust.

We live and work in a system that doesn't put much
stock in trust. Many of us have been burned, chastised,
ridiculed for believing in some kind of intrinsic good.

I am not saying I will let that go. I am saying I must
learn that there are places and times and situations
in which society has dictated one cannot accept the
offerings of others.

Vague but all I have to give. Time for a soak in the tub.

No comments: