Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Morning, Cloudy

I wake again to find no messages in my email
and no comments on my blog. I think I must
accept that I mean nothing to the folks I thought
had become my friends out here in blogland
and cyber world.

I am enjoying a nice breakfast. Scrambled eggs
with asparagus tips, some black forest ham, and
grated colby and monterey jack. Some hot sauce,
splash of milk, kosher salt, and black pepper in the
eggs (of course!). I normally love eggs, but have
not eaten any in some time. I think it's because
my body knows it needs to eat foods lower in
cholesterol, but what do I know? I just haven't
even wanted eggs in some time. I only buy the
cage free/organic/loaded with Omega 3 eggs, but
I still worry about the choloesterol.

Let me see what else I think is wrong with me this
more. Indulge me, dear screen, nonexistent readers.
I now have a cut on my big toe, which bled out in the
night. I must go doctor it before I go to work. I have
an opened blister on my right index finger and a closed
one on my right ring finger. I trimmed ornamental
grass and raked yesterday. My hands did not like
that repetetive work. My head still hurts in the same
place--base of the brain to the left. The ear on that
saide is better. Tasted blood first thing this morning.
Nose stopped up eyes full of gunk. When I get up
in the night to go to the bathroom, I am not very steady
on my feet and tend to walk with a limp. In the night,
I am awakened often with terrible pain in my right hip.

The only time I don't notice any of these things is when
I've had a few drinks. I don't feel any pain anywhere.
I feel good, and free, and uninhibited and confident
that everything is going to be ok. Of course I know
that alcohol is an antiinflammatory, an analgesic,
and anesthetic, and tow other words that srart with
A (word retrieval an ever growing problem).

Got a call last week about a position I applied
for back in early December. I had not been working
very long at that point and was not sure if I was
the right person for the job I have now. I never
heard back from the application so I assumed
the position was filled, so I was surprised when I
got the call asking me to come in for an interview.
I said yes, but I've thought about it all weekend.
And I am going to have to call back and say No.
I like where I am and what I am doing. Why would
I want to leave? So, I need to call the guy back, thank
him for considering me, and decline the interview.
Don't want to burn my bridges, but don't want to leave
my position either.

Time to go do that and get ready for work.

No comments: