Sunday, March 29, 2009

Grey, grey go away

Another grey day. We may have one sunny day
a week here. It's getting very depressing. It
was cloudy yesterday morning, but by 3 or so, the
sun had come out, the sky was a piercing blue, and
a male cardinal had graced me with his presence
and his song from a branch in the holly tree. I could
see him perfectly. Could see his chest move as he
sang. He noticed me, but didn't fly away. He just
changed his song. And then, the wind picked up,
the sky grew very dark, he vanished, and the tornado
sirens went off. I had time to get the cats and Molly
to the basement before the hail and heavy rain started.
No damage--just more water in that frigging basement.

It would not be a day in my life if I didn't mention the
my various physical complaints. Woke with my left eye,
left ear, behind my left ear, and the left side of my head
hurting. Not to mention the pain I've had at the nape
of neck (left side) for weeks now. I have also been either
burning up or freezing all morning. My left eye is better,
but full of gunk. Lots of palpitations and tachycardia
in the night. Nothing new about that either. Also heart-
burn (nothing new about that either). I guess that sums
today's aches, pains, & worries up for now.

My mother-in-law called earlier to tell me my father-in-law
is in the hospital--pneumonia. Seems it came on very
suddenly. I just talked with her last night, and spoke to
him yesterday, and he didn't say anything about feeling
bad or coughing and neither did she. She's supposed
to call me back if she needs me to take her to the hospital.
If so, I'll have to call hubby. Wes took my vehicle to Nashville
this weekend to go visit Lauren. All I have is his 81 Z28
Camaro. There was a day I would have enjoyed that car,
but not now. Not an easy one to get in and out of, and would
not be an easy one to get mother-in-law in and out of.

I came here with the intention of writing a poem. I think
I have forgotten how. Not that I ever knew how to very
well anyhoo. I just got lucky a few times when my eyes
and senses were completely aware. That so rarely happens
these days.

I have to lose this weight. I don't like exercise. But, I do
like to dance, so I am going to try to make myself take
at least a 30 minute walk 4-5 times a week and dance
4-5 days a week. I was dancing to Jump In The Line
earlier (finally figured out how to get YouTube videos
back on my blog--just had to post under HTML, but I
am not all that computer savvy, so it took me a while
to figure it out--so, Harry Belafonte made his way here!).
No walk today though. I could barely stand getting in
and out of the car. The wind is biting and it's spitting
snow(or it was earlier). I hope tomorrow afternoon
will be nicer.

************************************

Should I mark more than shining hours?

from For The Time Being by Annie Dillard

No comments: