Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Poppies

Red ones, all along the median and on the sides
of the road for a long stretch of drive on the WK.
And some kind of yellow wildflowers. Lovely.

Stayed Sunday and Monday night in Lexington
with D. Drove home this morning (had to leave
at 5:45 to get to work in time). WE had a great time
together. Ther aren't many weeks left until she
completes her PhD and moves on. I don't think
I'll get to go visit her as much if she chooses DC
or Atlanta. Atlanta not so far--6 hours. DC--a
flight, but I'm gonna bite the bullet some day
and fly.

A. hospitalized again. I think this is more than just
having bad trips. I am concerned about the possibilty
of mental illness and it going undiagnosed if certain
people keep insisting it's the drugs. Got the call
Sunday shortly after I got to L'ton. Boston. Too far
for me to go. She's stabilized. And still hospitalized
and her dad should be there by now.

Went to the movies with B. and R. to see Terminator:
Salvation. It's ok. I still think the first one is the best.
After the movie (Friday night), we went to J's and met
her friends from Raleigh. Lawyers. Funny, smart,
interesting two. He's going to be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro
on 7/25 instead of going to his class reunion. Can't imagine
making such a tough decision.
Ha!

Saturday was cookout at M's house. About 10 of us there.
Those of us who work togther in crisis and a husband and
some of the husband's guy friends. Good time. Good food.

Big night this Friday night. Wes graduates from high school.
I can't believe it. Seems he was just starting kindergarten
yesterday.

Next week, I drive B to the Cleveland Clinic for some tests.
We remain hopeful. I'll take a day and 1/2 off to make the
trip.

Still reading Last of the Romanovs (have not picked it up
in a week or so--not been in a reading mood).

Yard is a wreck. Weeds overtaking everything. I am
ashamed and appalled that I have let things get to that
point, but I am not feeling energetic enough to tackle
it just now.

No comments: